Why should I choose consignment?
Over the years consignment shopping has come out of the closet so to speak, with everything from clothing to accessories to furniture to jewellery it has fast become one of the largest growing industries of our time.
We are all becoming more and more conscious of restore – reuse and recycle. Long gone is the stigma of buying someone else’s used cast-offs.
From last year’s Dior, to your Grandma’s rhinestone ring, fashion and fun, at discounted prices, is in vogue But you don’t have to get left behind as you watch all of the sales go by. It’s time to join the frugal revolution and reap some nice rewards by selling your own wares. Who couldn’t use a few extra dollars in their pocket these days?
It’s a great way to update your wardrobe at a fraction of the price of the current department retail price.
How does it work?
If you don’t need it, want it or use it – CONSIGN IT!
You’ll be surprised at just how much monies you can make for the good quality items that are taking up closet space and that you no longer want.
“A Renaissance Woman “accepts both clothing and accessories such as purses, shoes and jewellery as they are also in high demand.
And always within the appropriate season (see seasonal calendar)
Please also note… One very important fact to take into consideration is that if any of the tags off your designer or branded label items have been removed we cannot consign ,it is impossible for us to market any item if we cannot prove either designer or size to the customers. Labels do command the most money and the quickest sale.
And our aim is to get the best possible price for your items as it’s the quality that sells…so we will be very picky at our intake and cannot guarantee that we will accept all items; we make choices based on our knowledge of shopper preferences and our existing inventory.
How to become a valued consignor
- Make sure each item is freshly laundered or dry cleaned. We request that you bring items in on hangers, your hangers will be returned at time of intake.
- We cannot accept items bought in garbage bags. Neatly folded in tubs or laundry baskets are acceptable.
- Only fashions that are not older than TWO years will be accepted. The reason being, this is what most customers are looking to purchase; there are some exceptions which will be taken into consideration at time of intake.
- A maximum of 25 hanging fashion items only per appointment. This allows us to carry a good breakdown of sizes. Shoes, purses and the accompanying accessories are above and beyond the 25 item limit.
- We will select the items to accept and give you a quick intake receipt, a more detailed inventory list is recorded after the initial intake.
- How do we set the prices? We determine a base price on the brand name along with the customer demand for that particular item.
- If we discover an item is stained or damaged after intake we will remove it from the sales floor and inventory immediately.
Ready to consign with us? Click here to download the intake form and consignment agreement.